Welcome to the City of Mount Vernon's Online Permit Center
Our Department is actively adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure we can continue to provide efficient services to our Residents, Business Owners and Developers.
Currently City Hall is OPEN to the public. To assist you in the permit submittal process, please note the following:
- All of our permits are processed through this portal. However, there are some permits that Applicants need to fill-out, upload and submit directly to this portal; and there are others that our staff uploads into the Portal after reviewing them to make sure they are complete and able to be processed. Click HERE to be directed to a document that delineates between these types of permits and provides other helpful information.
- Applicant’s wishing to submit a permit or a re-submittal that cannot be submitted through this Permit Portal need to contact one of our Permit Technicians at: 360-336-6214 or PermitTech@mountvernonwa.gov to schedule a virtual or in-person in-take appointment. These appointments are scheduled by our Permit Technicians on a first come, first served basis with priority given to re-submittals.
For those who do not have access to a computer, and/or the software needed to use our Portal, we have a Permit Help Desk workstation located in the lobby at City Hall (910 Cleveland Ave) that has been setup with access to all of the necessary software to assist you in submitting permit(s).
- Virtual Inspections utilizing a variety of different software/apps are available. Applicants will request their inspection over our SmartGov Permit Portal. Click HERE to view step-by-step instructions on how to complete a Virtual Inspection once it has been scheduled.
- All Pre-Application Meetings are being held virtually via Zoom.
PLEASE ALLOW 24 BUSINESS HOURS AFTER SUBMITTING A PERMIT TO RECEIVE AN E-MAIL RESPONSE REGARDING THE STATUS OF YOUR PERMIT APPLICATION.
PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR A PERMIT YOU MUST REVIEW THE APPLICATION INFORMATION FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE IDENTIFIED AS 'DOCUMENTS' FOR THE TYPE OF PERMIT YOU INTEND TO SUBMIT.
Do not submit Public Records Requests through this site. If you wish to submit a public records request you can do so by clicking HERE.
What can you do on this site?
- Apply for certain permits
- Pay permit fees
- Request an inspection
- Lookup pending applications, issued permits, and inspection results
- Review parcel information